Saturday, November 8, 2008

Notebaert Nature Museum Is Cool!



I cannot believe that I have lived in Chicago most of my life and just discovered the Notebart Museum a few months ago. My 5 year old loves it. I love it...tiny, yet full of all kinds of great things to discover.

Today, we got an opportunity to check out live bats CLOSE UP. We also saw an owl and some other things. We got to find out that owls have 2 stomachs and dissect some of the stuff that they throw up and identify it. Granted, it's gross when you think about it (which son loves) but it was actually fun and educational.

They also have the butterfly area where after coming out of their chrysalis, they take their first flight. Last time we were there, a wedding party was there to take photos because it's beautiful.

I understand that this museum is one of Chicago's first but it is a manageable experience. Lots of hands on stuff. We have friends who have 4 kids and I think that we'll be getting them a membership ($60 for a family). We've been there once before about a month ago and we love it!

Here's a picture from today:

No comments: