Monday, November 17, 2008

Bless the Children - Daily Word


Daily Word — Monday, November 17, 2008

Bless the Children

God bless children, for they are the teachers and peacemakers of the world.
When I contemplate the miracles of life and the hope that children are, I realize that they find joy in so many things that adults have forgotten. Children remind grown-ups how to be pure joy in expression.

To be in the presence of children is to look through the eyes of those who live each day to the fullest, who perceive a miracle in every situation. Children are life's greatest teachers, for to them, all people are beautiful, all ability levels are special, and all cultures and backgrounds are marvelous and interesting.

I take the time to mentor and care for the children, even as they mentor and care about me. The children in my life are well fed, well cared for, and always have someone to look up to and trust.

"Jesus said, 'Let the little children come to me, and do not stop them; for it is to such as these that the kingdom of heaven belongs.' "--Matthew 19:14

1 comment: